What to do when you have a never ending supply of lemons, lime and kaffir limes?
Experiment with food… and more different types of food!
I’ve made my own variation as I am using kaffir limes, which are much stronger in flavour. took me a couple of tries but we got there eventually x) Recipe below!
Makes: 10 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup Coconut (70g)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 6 small Eggs (230g)
- 1/3 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/3 cup Kaffir Lime Juice
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
- Sift dry ingredients together
- Blend up wet ingredients
- Add wet to dry and mix together
- Fold berries in last
- Scoop into moulds and bake for 20-25 mins. I let them brown up some before I take them out
As they rest, take a skewer and poke a few holes in the top, use a teaspoon to pour some leftover juice into the muffins – this will let it soak up some fresh flavour 🙂 only an option, I like a good zesty flavour in it.
- Blueberries – for any kind of berries you like
- Kaffir Lime – if you tried using normal lemons, I am guessing you will need more lemon juice – Daph’s recipe suggests 2 lemons, you can try that 🙂
Calories: 703 total (~71 per cupcake)
- 31g fat
- 61g carbs
- 36g protein